The Glasgow Canal Co-operative, established in 2018, is working hard to ‘unlock the potential of the Glasgow Canals area and create a vibrant neighbourhood for people to live, work and visit.’ The Co-operative represents an incredible mix of members from Sports, Culture, Heritage and Environmental backgrounds. Much has been achieved to date and the organisation continues to work collaboratively, placing the canal at the heart of community life.
The Canal Co-operative is exploring options for supporting the long term financial sustainability of the organisation in terms of income generation and fundraising and would like to invite a Treasurer to join the Board.
This role would complement our current Board of Directors who have extensive experience in arts and culture, events, sports and regeneration.
The Canal Co-operative has accounting & financial management in place at an operational level. The Treasurer would not be expected to be involved in the day to day activities of the organisation.
Please note this is an unpaid position.
- Maintain and provide, as required, an overview of the Glasgow Canal Co-op’s finances
- Ensure appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- Produce quarterly financial updates to be presented to the directors and membership
- Support the project manager in financial planning and budgeting
- Provide support and guidance with identifying and securing funding and income generation opportunities
- Present end of year accounts at the Co-op’s AGM
- Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational planning
- Provide guidance and oversight to potential fundraising staff/volunteers.
For more details on the role and how to apply go to:
Role of Treasurer
For further details, please contact Anna Young on Tel. 077944 22659 / email@example.com or please email a cover letter and CV to Anna by 4pm on Friday 28th February 2020.